The public is invited to review and comment on the Terms of Reference for the Environmental Impact Assessment of the East-West Arterial Extension from Woodland Drive to Frank Sound Road. The Terms of Reference have been developed by the project proponent, the National Roads Authority, in collaboration with the Environmental Assessment Board which includes representatives from the Department of Environment, Department of Planning, Water Authority Cayman and the Public Works Department.
The National Roads Authority is undertaking an Environmental Impact Assessment for the proposed 12-mile road. The result of the Environmental Impact Assessment will be an Environmental Statement which will help to inform the decision-making process.
Your input will be considered in the finalisation of the Terms of Reference document which is available to download below.
There will be two public meetings:
- Craddock Ebanks Civic Centre, 923 North Side Road, North Side, 6 pm to 9 pm on Tuesday, 7 February 2023
- Cayman Islands Baptist Church, 163 Pedro Castle Road, Savannah, from 6 pm to 9 pm on Thursday, 9 February 2023
Printed copies are also available at the following locations:
- NRA Office – 370 North Sound Road, Grand Cayman
- North Side Post Office – 896 North Side Road, North Side
- Bodden Town Post Office – 189 Bodden Town Road, Bodden Town
- Savannah Post Office – 1687 Shamrock Road, Savannah
- Vernon L. Jackson Public Library and Learning Centre – 69 Bodden Town Road, Bodden Town
- East End Public Library – 2739 Sea View Road, East End
Comments on the draft Terms of Reference may be submitted:
- in writing during the public meetings,
- electronically via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- mailed to Department of Environment, P.O. Box 10202, Grand Cayman KY1-1002, or
- hand delivered, in writing, to Department of Environment, Environmental Centre, 580 North Sound Road, George Town, Grand Cayman.
The public consultation on the draft Terms of Reference is for a period of 21 days, and will close on Monday, 20 February 2023.